01 October 2008

Challenge: Books about Food

I'm joining a book challenge hosted by Historia (read about it here). The challenge is to read five books about food over the next six months. I've provided an alphabetical list of the books I've decided to read for this challenge. Of course, I may change my mind if something else comes to my attention before March 31, when this challenge ends. I'll review each book here, and I'll also write at Historia's blog.

  1. The Apprentice, by Jacques Pepin
  2. Heat, by Bill Buford
  3. A History of the World in 6 Glasses, by Tom Standage
  4. The House of Mondavi: The Rise and Fall of an American Wine Dynasty, by Julia Flynn Siler
  5. Salt, by Mark Kurlansky
I have to confess that it was challenge to find five food-related books that I haven't read! This is one of my favorite genres. I think I have a good group here, and I'm hoping that I'll add to my TBR pile when I see what others reading.

I have a sister post to this one on Historia's blog (here).

1 comments:

Natalie MacLean 10/2/08, 6:32 PM  

Great blog! I’d love to hear your suggestions for wine and food pairings for my online matching tool:

www.nataliemaclean.com/matcher

Cheers,
Natalie

www.nataliemaclean.com

Editor of Nat Decants Free Wine Newsletter

Author of Red, White and Drunk All Over

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP