21 November 2008

Challenge: YA Books


J. Kaye has another great challenge for 2009. And, yes, I'm joining. Click here to see the full rules and to see who else is joining up. J. Kaye announced two other new challenges, so check them out. I'm avoiding the series challenges, but they may be perfect for you.

I'm going to list authors (alphabetically) instead of book titles. I'm working on some series, so the specific book will depend on where I am in the series when January roles around. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind at any time during the year -- especially because my niece is always coming up with great books for me to read.

Oh, the principal rule is to read 12 YA novels over the year.

  1. Jonathan Safram Foer Libba Bray
  2. Cornelia Funke
  3. John Green
  4. Caroline Lawrence
  5. D. J. MacHale
  6. John Marsden
  7. Garth Nix
  8. Arthur Ransome
  9. Angie Sage
  10. Jerry Spinelli
  11. Jonathan Stroud
  12. Scott Westerfeld
I'm looking forward to seeing other people's lists. My niece and I are always looking for new books to read together.

EDIT: Lou (Bogsider) pointed out that Safram Foer was likely not considered YA. I thought his books were, but just in case, I've swapped him out.

11 comments:

Nely 11/21/08, 9:13 AM  

OH fantastic, let me go sign up.... i love these challenges.

Unknown 11/21/08, 11:53 AM  

You have a great list!!! I did the same as you and listed some authors. I probably read more YA than I should, but there are just some really great YA series out there, and I'm addicted. I've been waiting for someone to start this challenge.

Anonymous,  11/21/08, 12:24 PM  

YEAH!! I am so glad you are join this one too. :) I love YA.

Shelley 11/21/08, 12:48 PM  

Reading this post just reminded me that I need to finish the Bartimaeus Trilogy by Stroud! I love YA fiction.

Beth F 11/21/08, 12:54 PM  

Chain Reader: I have only the last to read in the Bartimaeus trilogy too. I don't know why I got distracted, I really like the books.

Ladytink_534 11/21/08, 3:46 PM  

Cornelia Funke is going to be on my list too and I've only read Uglies by Scott Westerfeld so I have to read the rest of those too.

Louise 11/22/08, 8:57 AM  

I wasn't aware that Safran Foer was regarded a YA author, but then again I've only read one of his books - and have another one on my challenge list (challenge RYOB, read your own books). I don't think I should sign up for more challenges for next year ;o)

Beth F 11/22/08, 9:22 AM  

Bogsider: somewhere or other I saw Safran Foer's books rated at a high school level. I've never read them, so I don't really know. Perhaps I'll re-assess!

Louise 11/22/08, 11:30 AM  

Beth, you shouldn't listen to me. LOL. I am not a literary expert. But I can see why high school students should read Safran Foer (although I am not quite sure they will understand all, I can safely say that I didn't). But read the one you have and then decide if you think he is YA or not :o)

Beth F 11/22/08, 11:37 AM  

Lou: I'll definitely be reading the two Safran Foer books I own, but just to be safe, I won't count them for this challenge. When I get around to reading and reviewing, I'll try to remember to mention the reading level.

I appreciate the heads-up!

Unknown 1/2/09, 7:30 PM  

Those look like some great authors!

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP