05 November 2008

Well-Seasoned Reader Challenge


Here's another challenge for 2009. This one looks like a lot of fun and is being hosted by Melissa over at Book Nut. To read the full rules and see who else is participating, click here.

For this 3-month challenge, we need to read 3 books; each one must meet one of the following criteria: (1) have a food name in the title, (2) be about cooking or eating, (3) have a place name in the title, (4) be about someone's travels, (5) be about a specific culture, (6) be written by someone whose ethnicity is different from yours.

This sounds too good to miss. My tentative list is as follows:

  1. House of Blue Mangoes by David Davidar (criterion 1)
  2. Marco Polo: From Venice to Xanadu by Laurence Bergreen (criterion 4)
  3. Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George (criterion 5)
I may change my mind, but I think these are books I'll read.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  11/5/08, 8:33 AM  

That does sound look a good challenge. I'm trying not to jump into too many new ones right now, because I'm having trouble completing the 2 I'm already in.

KyleeJ 11/5/08, 9:38 AM  

Sounds fun. Heading over to sign up.

Anonymous,  11/5/08, 12:31 PM  

Good job! :) I love reading challenges.

Melissa 11/5/08, 5:37 PM  

Fascinating list; I'm interested in hearing your opinion on the Marco Polo book! Thanks for joining up!! :)

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP