15 December 2008

Musing Mondays: Reading on the Go


Here's today's Musing Mondays, hosted by Rebecca and Just One More Page. To see the complete meme and to see what everyone else has to say, click here.

Do you take a book with you? Do you take whatever book you’re currently reading, or do you have a special on-the-go book? And do you have a preference for a these types of book (paperback, hardback; short stories; poetry etc)?

Anyone who reads this blog can imagine what I'm going say. Yep, you've got it: audiobooks! I never, ever leave the house without my MP3 player. I plug it into the car speakers before I pull out of the driveway, no matter how short the drive. Then I listen to the book while shopping, waiting in the doctor's office, or wherever I happen to be. I listen when I walk, I listen when I'm gardening, you name it. Nonstop listening/reading for me.

When we're camping or traveling with friends, I read in print. Keeps me more engaged with others if I don't have earbuds on. (I wonder why?)

10 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide 12/15/08, 9:47 AM  

I've never book an audiobook on my iPod. I should! Thanks for stopping by.

KyleeJ 12/15/08, 12:19 PM  

I'm still hoping for an mp3 for Christmas. (cross your fingers for me)

Speaking of... tweeting you with a question. =)

Unknown 12/15/08, 12:56 PM  

All I have on my iPod are audiobooks and meditations. I also downloaded applications on it and now I can read the books on my iPod as well. I got cool classics (Poe, Dumas, Dickens) all for maybe a dollar or two.

jlshall 12/15/08, 1:46 PM  

I may have to ask Santa for an iPod this year - if it's not too late. Don't think I'd use it much for listening to music, but the idea of "reading" nonstop sounds great!

Darlene 12/15/08, 2:59 PM  

I'm never without a book. In the car it's audiobooks.

Eidin 12/15/08, 3:04 PM  

Audiobooks! I'm having an "ah ha" moment here. I'm going to have to give this a try. Combining listening to a book with walking and gardening/yardwork sounds great.

Anonymous,  12/15/08, 10:52 PM  

I love my MP3 for books, but I still listen to a lot of books on CDs. I do look forward to the time, all books are on audio download. :)

Anonymous,  12/16/08, 12:23 AM  

I wish I could get into audiobooks but I'm too in love with the feel of the book.

Anonymous,  12/16/08, 5:33 AM  

sigh i dnt have audio books... but i take book along whereever i go :)

Lightheaded 12/17/08, 11:41 AM  

Lovely that you're used to audiobooks. I'm still apprehensive about it. I've only read, I mean listened to one audiobook and that's Neil Gaiman's Two Plays for Voices but I've read the two stories there already.

Now I have the latest installment of Artemis Fowl and I'm stuck on the second disc; and while it's entertaining to hear the actor make different voices for the characters I'm not always into it so more often than not I go over a track or two :)

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP