17 December 2008

My Blog Has Been Nominated!



J. Kaye from J. Kaye's Book Blog has nominated my blog, Beth Fish Reads, with an award! This award deals with values we deem important in others. J. Kaye’s Book Blog nominated Beth Fish Reads as Most Engaging Blogger. Thanks so much! (I guess my chattiness comes across even online!) So now it is up to me to decide on six values that are important to me, six things I don’t support, and nominate six bloggers.




Six values/qualities in others that are important to me
Honesty mixed with kindness
Curiosity
Friendliness
Sense of humor
Hard working
Willingness to share

Six values/qualities in others that I find hard to tolerate
Selfishness
Meanness
Laziness
Closed-mindedness
Cruelty
Complaining

Six Bloggers to Award

  • Most Amazing Bi-Lingual Blogger: Lous_Pages -- Louise writes two blogs: one in English and one in Danish. Wow!
  • Best Humor: A Reader's Respite -- Just read Michele's blog or Twitter posts and I won't have to say more.
  • Friendliness: Kylee's 2009 Blog -- Kylee not only reads a number of book blogs but makes a point of leaving comments. She has promoted the Delurking December idea. I'm all for making friends.
  • Community Service: MizB -- I don't say it enough: Thanks soooo much for hosting your weekly memes!
  • Diversity Award: Kittling: Books -- Cathy not only has a book blog but also an amazing photography blog: Kittling: Personal Observations. Check out her blogs.
  • Fellow Challenge Junkie: All About {n} --Everyone needs someone to feed his or her (harmless) addictions: That's Nely! We will be attempting to complete our 2009 challenges together while carrying on "deep" conversations about Sookie Stackhouse's latest loves.
So now blogging nominees, it’s up to you to go forth and follow these simple guidelines:

Mention the blog that gave it to you.
Comment on her blog to let her know you have posted the award.
Share 6 values that are important to you.
Share 6 things you do not support.
Share the love with six other wonderful blogging friends.

22 comments:

KyleeJ 12/17/08, 7:46 AM  

Thank you, Beth! Once I have more caffeine in my body, I'll post my awards. To paraphrase my hubby, "There's too much blood in my caffeine system".

[blogger ate my first comment, let's try again]

Unknown 12/17/08, 8:00 AM  

Congratulations Beth! I think it's wonderful and well deserved.

Anonymous,  12/17/08, 8:06 AM  

Congratulations, Beth! Being nominated by J. Kaye is like being knighted by the Queen.

KyleeJ 12/17/08, 8:08 AM  

hear hear! To bermudaonion's comment. I still get excited when she comments on my posts. =)

Beth F 12/17/08, 8:10 AM  

Thanks to all! I was floored. Really.

Nely 12/17/08, 9:10 AM  

Congrats my dear! I am a true challenge addict and proud of it! :D You know me so well.

Anonymous,  12/17/08, 9:26 AM  

Congrats!

Great photo! I love all the angles.

Anonymous,  12/17/08, 9:45 AM  

Congratulations, Beth, and thanks for the links to some great blogs I hadn't visited yet, since I'm new to book blogging. - Arial

Anonymous,  12/17/08, 10:31 AM  

Ohhh very cool! Congrats!

Anonymous,  12/17/08, 10:51 AM  

Congratulations Beth!

Anonymous,  12/17/08, 11:04 AM  

Awesome awards!

Anonymous,  12/17/08, 11:09 AM  

Thanks, Beth! My post is up! :)

And, congrats on YOUR award, too!

Cathy 12/17/08, 11:33 AM  

Congratulations, Beth--and thank you! I'll get my post up in a bit after the caffeine has had a chance to circulate.

Michele 12/17/08, 12:21 PM  

Of course you were nominated!!! Thanks for tag and I'll be working on it (am mulling right now). :)

Louise 12/17/08, 1:02 PM  

Thanks a lot Beth! Wow. That is cool. Now I'll have to see what I can come up with. Might have to think about it a little.

Louise

Dr. A 12/17/08, 1:03 PM  

Congrats on your award, Beth.

Great shot too! Happy WW!

A Scattering 12/17/08, 7:16 PM  

Thanks for visiting my blog! Now, thanks to visiting yours, I'm intrigued by "reader" blogs. So many blogs, so little time....

Have a great day!

Cathy 12/17/08, 7:20 PM  

I finally got my post up. It's not easy choosing six bloggers out of so many excellent ones!

Anonymous,  12/17/08, 10:29 PM  

Congrats - you deserve it!

Anonymous,  12/18/08, 10:10 PM  

Niceeee set of values Girl :) your awesomeness spreads easily ;)

And yes yes u deserve this award :)

Beth F 12/19/08, 6:40 AM  

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. They are truly appreciated.

Anonymous,  12/20/08, 1:38 PM  

Well Deserved!:)

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP