01 January 2009

Monthly Wrap Up: Dec. 2008


These are the books I read last month. Click on the author's name to see my review. The letter in parentheses is my rating.

Inkspell by Cornelia Funke (A+)
Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris (B)
This Rock by Robert Morgan (B)
House of Mondavi by Julia Flynn Siler (A)
Blessed Are the Cheesemakers by Sarah-Kate Lynch (C+)
Out of the Deep I Cry by Julia Spencer-Fleming (B+)
The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J. K. Rowling (C-)
Twilight at Monticello by Alan Pell Crawford (B-)


Some facts about 2008:

  • I read 94 books last year, which is pretty good because I traveled with girlfriends for 3 weeks in May and managed only 2 books that whole time.
  • I started blogging in September and wrote 125 posts before the end of the year.
  • I entered and finished 2 challenges.
  • I am working on 5 challenges that started in 2008,
  • I am starting 16 challenges for 2009 (lots of overlap and one doesn't involve reading, so not as bad as it seems).
  • I stretched my reading world by joining the Graphic Novels challenge (a totally new genre for me).
  • I made many wonderful friends on Twitter and in the book blogging world.
Happy New Year to all my friends, Wishing you all a very bookish 2009.

3 comments:

Alessandra 1/1/09, 8:41 AM  

Happy New Year to you!

Anonymous,  1/1/09, 2:00 PM  

Great wrap-up, Beth.

I agree, this is a wonderful community; I consider all of you friends, not "readers" or "connections".

The Tome Traveller 1/1/09, 6:58 PM  

Happy New Year Beth!

Carey

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP