31 March 2009

Buy One Book and Read It Wrap Up


Amy from My Friend Amy hosted a challenge in which she asked us to buy a book a month and read it. I have already bought my 12 books and have read and reviewed them.

To read about the challenge and to learn about other options for joining in the fun, visit the challenge blog here. To see what others have bought and read, click on the this link.

Here are the books I bought and read:

Out of Boneville by Jeff Smith (B+)
Artemis Fowl the Graphic Novel by Eion Colfer (A)
French Lessons by Peter Mayle (B+)
The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly (B+)
The Great Cow Race by Jeff Smith (A+)
Mouse Guard by David Peterson (C)
Old Man's Cave by Jeff Smith (B+)
Ghost Circles by Jeff Smith (B+)
Treasure Hunters by Jeff Smith (B+)
Crown of Horns by Jeff Smith (B)
Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George (B+)
Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransome (A)

My favorites were the Bone series books by Simth, The Lincoln Lawyer, and Swallows and Amazons.

Thanks to Amy for hosting this challenge and I hope you all continue to buy books and read them!

10 comments:

bermudaonion 3/31/09, 6:36 PM  

Wow, you are fast. Congrats on finishing already!

Molly 3/31/09, 6:53 PM  

Well, first of all - thanks for the link to the challenge. I hope Amy does this again next year, as I would very much be interested in signing up.

Secondly - CONGRATULATIONS!!! I cannot imagine reading 12 brand new books in 3 months (or less) time! Will you reward yourself with a trip to the bookstore to buy another 12 books?? You certainly deserve it.

Sandy Nawrot 3/31/09, 7:45 PM  

You are a reading animal! I only wish I were as productive!

Melody 3/31/09, 7:51 PM  

Congrats, Beth! Wow, you're fast!

Robin M 3/31/09, 8:54 PM  

congratulations Beth, you are a fast reader, like me. It will be interesting to see how many books you've read by the end of the year. I've been meaning to get Swallows and Amazons to read with my son. Thanks for the reminder.

Nise' 3/31/09, 9:14 PM  

Great job! I'm going to check out a couple of the books.

Literary Feline 4/1/09, 12:00 AM  

Congratulations on finishing this challenge, Beth!

Ladytink_534 4/1/09, 11:32 AM  

I really ought to do this challenge lol. Just about every time I buy a book it is a week at the least before I get around to reading it!

S. Krishna 4/1/09, 4:35 PM  

Congratulations! I really need to focus on challenges.

Amy 4/2/09, 3:13 AM  

Molly...you can still sign up!!

Beth...You totally rock!!! :)

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP