10 March 2009

Where Are You? / Teaser Tuesdays (March 10)


I'm in junior high, and I've just gotten my first real job! Okay, so it's in a teashop owned my grandmother (Louisa), but still . . . it's a job. I hope my best friends, artistic Genna and athletic Zoe, will be as excited as I am, but all they seem to care about lately is boys!

For more Where Are You? answers, visit Raidergirl3 at An Adventure in Reading.



MizB at Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Here's how it works: Grab your current read; let the book fall open to a random page; and share 2 “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12. For more teasers, click on through to MizB's blog.

"Keep an eye on Jonathan when you can, dear. I want to make sure he's using enough tea in each pot." My heart leapt a bit at the sound of his name. I hope Louisa didn't notice me blushing. I didn't want her to regret hiring me because I flipped out every time her other employee turned up.*

— both from The Teashop Girls by Laura Schaefer**
_______
*Note: quotation is from p. 46 of the ARC; text in the published volume may differ.
**In case you're wondering: I'm on hour 43 of 49 of the audio of Memoirs of Cleopatra. I hope to finish it this week!

26 comments:

Mo 3/10/09, 8:35 AM  

This sounds like a cute read; hope you're enjoying it.

Anonymous,  3/10/09, 8:37 AM  

Sounds like the girl is smitten.

Anonymous,  3/10/09, 8:51 AM  

Nice teaser!

Lisa 3/10/09, 9:21 AM  

Sounds like someone's got a crush! Also sounds like a fun read.

My teaser is here.

Karen Harrington 3/10/09, 9:47 AM  

Just the title alone sounds inviting!

Anonymous,  3/10/09, 9:49 AM  

I like the contrast between what your eyes are reading and your ears are reading.

Anonymous,  3/10/09, 9:49 AM  

Ooohh, I hope she gets with Jonathan! ;D

S. Krishna 3/10/09, 9:59 AM  

Ooh, sounds like a crush!!!!!! :-)

Anonymous,  3/10/09, 10:06 AM  

I'd love to work in a tea shop!
And kudos to you for making it it HOUR 43! I love audio books, but my longest was only around 20 hours. Looking forward to reading about it.

Sherrie 3/10/09, 11:03 AM  

Hi!
Sounds interesting! I'll have to check this one out! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Anonymous,  3/10/09, 11:04 AM  

A YA novel? How cute is Jonathan? Ah, to be that age again...

Nely 3/10/09, 11:08 AM  

This sounds so cute Beth. I'll wait for your review to determine if it's something I'd like or not.

Nely 3/10/09, 11:08 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Books Fall Open 3/10/09, 11:14 AM  

You had me at "tea"...I'll definitely need to keep an eye out for this book! Sounds like my dream job. ;)

Anonymous,  3/10/09, 12:22 PM  

Sounds like a cool book!

zetor 3/10/09, 1:56 PM  

Sounds like she has a 'crush' on him.

Alix 3/10/09, 3:40 PM  

Aw, sounds like my kind of book.

jlshall 3/10/09, 3:43 PM  

Sounds like a cute book, but I'm not sure I could handle the junior high part. That's not a place I'm eager to return to, even in the books I read! Good teasers.

Yvonne 3/10/09, 6:47 PM  

Great teaser!

BTW, I gave you an award, stop by and check it out :)

Melody 3/10/09, 7:26 PM  

Great teaser! Sounds like a fun read!

Nise' 3/10/09, 7:47 PM  

Can you imagine going back to jr. high? Great teaser, will be looking forward to your review.

Anonymous,  3/10/09, 7:47 PM  

It's a very cute quote. Heart-warming.

My reading took me to Somerset, England; but I'll get back to America in 1863, as I return to Gone with the Wind.

Wendi 3/10/09, 11:57 PM  

Between the title and the teaser, it sounds really interesting.

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP