28 May 2009

Thursday Tea (May 28): Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder



Thursday Tea is hosted by Anastasia at Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog. Here's how it works: Tell us what tea you are drinking (and if you like it). And then tell us what book are you reading (and if you like it). Finally, tell us if they go together.




The Tea

This week I'm drinking Adagio's decaf spice tea. It is described as being: "a medley of spices: cinnamon, cardamon, and ginger." Decaf was a good choice because I definitely did not need to feel more hyped this week as I got ready for BEA. I've been drinking this black and strong.

The Book

I'm listening to Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder, which is the third in the Study series about Yelena and her discovery of herself, her family, and her magical powers. Yelena was kidnapped when she was little girl and brought to the capital city. Through a series of events, her magical talents were discovered only after she reached the old age of twenty. She is now learning how to harness and use her power, something that others learn when they reach puberty. (See my review of the second book, Magic Study.)

The Assessment

The books take place in a vaguely Far Eastern setting. The names of the people and places make me think of China or Mongolia or Tibet. Although spice tea may have been a better match for Indonesia, it's a great tea to sip while listening to a story that takes place in a non-Western local. The warmth of the spices goes well with Yelena's current studies of how to make and control fire.

What are you reading and has it made you reach for anything in particular to drink? Tea, coffee, wine, whiskey?


9 comments:

Sandy Nawrot 5/28/09, 7:45 AM  

Wine and an international terrorist novel! Doesn't get any better than that!

Nise' 5/28/09, 8:14 AM  

Sounds interesting (the book) and delicious (the tea).

Jess 5/28/09, 8:14 AM  

Fire study sounds like a great read. I will have to put it on my TBR list. Thanks!

Desert Rose 5/28/09, 8:54 AM  

You got something waiting on my blog :)

http://desertrosebooklogue.blogspot.com/2009/05/literary-blogger-award.html

bethany (dreadlock girl) 5/28/09, 11:37 AM  

Yum, that tea sounds SO good.

Melody 5/28/09, 7:58 PM  

I haven't tried drinking teas with cinnamon or cardamon flavours, but the ginger is great!

The Reading Momster 5/29/09, 3:57 AM  

Thats the tea, i m going to make today :) with all the spices :) i have the spices you know :)

and the book sounds good too :)

Nice :)

Dorte H 5/29/09, 5:26 PM  

My ´tea´ is a Danish beer (Albani, not Carlsberg), and all I am reading tonight is the 100 blogs I haven´t had time to catch up with for two days.

Becca 6/3/09, 8:54 PM  

That book sounds great. I am adding it to my TBR list. The tea sounds delicious, too. I need to go to the store and buy some more tea, as I am on extra low.

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP