10 May 2009

Weekly Link Round-Up (May 10)


Here's what I read last week.

Blogging and Tweeting


If you are on Twitter, you'll be interested in Mashable's list of 100+ authors on Twitter. If you're not on Twitter, this may make you sign up!

Melissa at Melissa's Bookshelf has a great post on links to Blogger tips and tricks. This is a super resource.

Pro Blogger has a post on blogging applications that work with Windows. Some are familiar, but I bet you discover a new program or two.

Events

Shelly at Write for a Reader reminds us that next week is Children's Book Week. Be sure to check out the ways in which she plans to celebrate; she has events planned for the whole week.

I know that you've barely recovered from Dewey's spring read-a-thon, but did you know there was also a 48-hour read-a-thon? This is the fourth year. For details, check out the information post by Mother Reader at Heart of a Reader.

BEA (May 28 to 31)

For those of you going to BEA, be sure to sign up to spend some time in booth 4077, generously hosted by Fran Toolan. He has a list of bloggers already signed up for the Blogger Signing. All bloggers attendingt BEA are encouraged to sign up. I mean it: This is for all of us.

Attendees should set aside 2 p.m. on Saturday to attend the Book Bloggers: Today's Buzz Builders panel in room 1E15. The panel is hosted by Jennifer Hart from HarperCollins and consists of Julie from Booking Mama, Amy from My Friend Amy, Natasha from Maw Books Blog, Dawn from She's Too Fond of Books, Stephenie from Stephenie's Written Word, and me.

If you cannot attend BEA, be sure to listen to the panel on Blog Talk Radio. We would love everyone to feel connected to the event. So tune at 2 p.m. on Saturday May 30.

Books


Jen at Devourer of Books read The Brightest Moon of the Century by Christopher Meeks. The novel follows Edward through three decades of his life. Jen says: "Edward was just such a patently real, human character that I could not help but becoming involved and invested in his life."

Carrie at Books and Movies likes books about writitng and reading. And she put together a terrific post in which she talks about some of her favorite books in this genre. This is a post to bookmark.

Swapna over at S. Krishan's Books is one of many bloggers celebrating Asian Heritage Month. And what better way than to host a giveaway of books written by Asian authors. Here's your chance to exapand your reading horizons.

Melissa at Vintage Joy discovered a bookstore that not only has free to reasonable shipping rates but also contributes part of its profits to promoting world literacy. Be sure to read about this generous bookstore.
______
Some of these links were part of a link-sharing group.

9 comments:

Sadako 5/10/09, 11:23 AM  

Sweet. I'm going this year. Will check out the blogger signing!

Alyce 5/10/09, 11:25 AM  

Great links! I especially liked the list of authors on twitter.

Julie P. 5/10/09, 11:27 AM  

Hmmmm. I'm not listed on the blogger book signing site!

Just Mom 5/10/09, 11:40 AM  

Fun links to click through - now if I could just get up the courage to actually try some of the stuff!

Saw your comment about the Undead books which, of course, made me completely doubt my opinion because I so respect yours! If another comes my way, I'll have to try again - maybe I was too on the rebound from Twilight?

Bonnie 5/10/09, 12:06 PM  

Good luck at BEA and do you know if the panel discussion will be archived to listen to later or is it only live?

Thanks for the link to the bookstore. I'll be checking that out.

Kim 5/10/09, 12:58 PM  

Great post as usual Beth! I especially enjoyed Carries post about books about reading and writing.
Since I don't know what BEA is I am pretty sure I won't be there, but whatever it is, it sure looks like fun!
Have a great day!
*smiles*
Kim

Sandy Nawrot 5/10/09, 3:15 PM  

I am so envious of all of you attending BEA. I know you will well-represent us and make us proud!

Margot 5/11/09, 11:58 AM  

Here is another week in which I came and checked multiple links and then forgot to come back and say thank you. So, thank you. I do enjoy this link-up post every week.

Melissa O. 5/21/09, 6:06 AM  

Hey, thanks for the link-up there! Don't know how I missed it until now. Appreciate it!

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP