05 May 2009

Where Are You? / Teaser Tuesday (May 5)


I'm Violet. I live in the Los Angeles area with my music producer husband, David, and young daughter, Dot. I have a nanny and a gardener and a big house. I'm smart and educated and rich. Who wouldn't want to be me? My sister-in-law, Sally, in fact is determined to have my life. She picks the men she dates with just that goal in mind. Funny thing is, I'm not sure I'm happy.

For more Where Are You? answers, visit Raidergirl3 at An Adventure in Reading.


MizB at Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Here's how it works: Grab your current read; let the book fall open to a random page; and share 2 “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12. For more teasers, click on through to MizB's blog.


There was no discernible edge to her voice. This was one of Violet's most bedeviling tactics, acting as if she was being completely reasonable and it was David who was hell-bent on ruining a perfectly fine morning. (p. 6)


—Both from This One Is Mine by Maria Semple

14 comments:

Jen - Devourer of Books 5/5/09, 8:32 AM  

Fantastic teaser, now I want to read the book.

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) 5/5/09, 8:40 AM  

I'm teased! I'll be looking for this one.

Margot 5/5/09, 10:05 AM  

Sounds like some interesting people to spend time with.

Meghan 5/5/09, 10:12 AM  

Ooh, this one sounds good! I hope it is. =)

Melody 5/5/09, 10:55 AM  

Can't wait to read your review on it!

Sherrie 5/5/09, 11:38 AM  

Hi!
That's a great teaser, now I have to read it. Have a great day!!

Sherrie

ANovelMenagerie 5/5/09, 5:31 PM  

I read and reviewed this book. I also hosted a giveaway. I really liked it.

Anonymous,  5/5/09, 9:06 PM  

ha. i thought you were introducing yourself! i was like, 'wow...that's some life beth is living...' it was a long day and i'm tired...that's my story and i'm sticking to it!

Caspette 5/6/09, 3:35 AM  

LOL I like the way this lady works :)

Great teaser, thanks for sharing.

My teaser is here

Anonymous,  5/6/09, 11:48 AM  

Sounds like one I'd like. Looking forward to your review.

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books 5/7/09, 9:52 PM  

I love your description for the "where are you" meme! Sometimes having it all isn't all it's cracked up to be!

Literature Crazy 5/8/09, 9:00 AM  

Your tease got me to look more into this book and I added it to my TBR.

You can read about it at my Friday Finds post here and link up to see all the other great Friday Finds meme posts, if you don't already.

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP