27 June 2009

Challenge: Everything Austen


I am joining a new challenge. This one is so much fun, I don't think the word challenge even applies! Stephanie from Stephanie's Written Word is hosting the Everything Austen Challenge. And it is, of course, all about Jane!

Here's the deal: from July 1 to January 1 we need to read or watch six things that have to do with Jane Austen: books, book spin-offs, movies, movie spin-offs. All are allowed. How fun is that?

We are supposed to make a list of the six books or movies we're going to read or watch. I am stating right here: My list is tentative, I am not committing to these specific items. Why? Because when I read reviews or hear talk of something great that's not on this list, I want the flexibility to switch to that other great thing.

My Maybe List

1. Lady Susan (because I've never read it)
2. One of the big six on audio (probably Sense and Sensibility because I usually pick P&P)
3. A spin-off of Pride and Prejudice (Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife because I think I own it)
4. A spoof of Pride and Prejudice (Pride, Prejudice, & Zombies because I own it)
5. Pride and Prejudice DVD with Colin Firth (because . . . need I say more?)
6. Austen inspired (Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict because the first Rigler book was fun)

If you're a Jane Austen fan or if you'd like an excuse to reread the books or see the movies, head on over the Stephanie's blog and sign up! We will be discussing on Twitter! And there will be prizes. Don't miss out!

13 comments:

bermudaonion 6/27/09, 7:51 AM  

This should be a snap for you! Good luck!

Stephanie 6/27/09, 10:30 AM  

So glad you are joining in!!

Michelle 6/27/09, 11:40 AM  

YAY! Looks like a good group we have going here. I'm very excited that you're joining in!

Robin M 6/27/09, 1:49 PM  

Looks like fun and I have all the austen books, but I swore no more challenges this year. I'll live vicariously through you all.

Nise' 6/27/09, 3:29 PM  

I've never read Lady Susan either, how can it be so? I've heard good things about P, P & Zombies. Too true that challenge doe not apply here (at least for me).

teabird 6/27/09, 4:02 PM  

I've never read Lady Susan OR Sandition. Hmmm. This could be a great challenge - as if reading anything Austen is a challenge!

JoAnn 6/27/09, 4:35 PM  

Colin Firth needs no words....

Julie P. 6/27/09, 6:52 PM  

Yay! I'm glad you joined up! Another blogging friend to support!

The Bumbles 6/28/09, 1:03 AM  

A group I belong to on Goodreads is reading and discussing the Zombie spoof one for July. July's topic was humor. Getting mixed reviews thus far. Not having read the original (shame on me) I don't think starting with a zombie spoof is the right way to go.

Melody 6/28/09, 9:53 PM  

I look forward to your reviews on Jane's books soon! :)

Darlene 6/29/09, 11:12 AM  

Good luck on the challenge Beth. I'm going to join this one too. I've got enough Austen stuff on my shelves except for the movies.

Unknown 7/1/09, 12:43 PM  

Um, awesome :o) Thanks for pointing it out!! I think I'll join in too!

Serena 7/10/09, 10:34 AM  

this is going to be a fantastic challenge

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP