15 August 2009

Awards! Creative Rock 'n' Roll


Stacy from Stacy's Book Blog give me this great award. Have you been to her blog? She's a fellow Ohioan, which should be enough of a draw, but her blog has interesting book reviews, movie reveiws, photographs, and author interviews.

Isn't this a cool button? Although the young woman is playing a Stratocaster and not a Gibson, it's fitting to put up this button just two days after Les Paul died. So wanna learn another little-known fact about me? I used to run the sound for a reggae band when I was in graduate school. (A bar band, not a band anyone would have heard of.)

I'd like to pass the Your Blog Rocks award along to Stephanie of Stephanie's Written Word to celebrate her recovery from what I'm hoping will be her last surgery ever.


Sandy of You've Gotta Read This passed along the Kreative Blogger award. Forgive this completely uncreative thought, but you GOTTA read her blog. Sandy has a nice variety of book and movie reviews, audio reviews, photographs, movie memes, and more.

This award comes with a meme in which you're supposed to list 7 of your favorite things. Argh. I've done this before and my favorite things really haven't changed much. This time, I'll pick seven fun activities:

1. Reading
2. Lacemaking
3. Walking / hiking
4. Photographing
5. Cooking
6. Gardening
7. Canoeing

I'm also supposed to pass this award along to 7 other bloggers. I'm giving this award to the last 7 people who commented here. We all love getting comments, so this my way of saying thank you!

J. Kaye from J. Kaye's Book Blog
Swapna from S. Krishna's Books
Cathy from Kittling: Books
Jackie from Farm Lane Books
Dorte from DJs Krimblog
Serena from Savvy Verse and Wit
Barbara from Melancholy Musings

Thanks to Stacy and Sandy for the awards! Be sure to click through the links and discover or rediscover the great blogs I've mentioned in this post.

18 comments:

Dorte H 8/15/09, 9:30 AM  

Thanks a lot for thinking of me!

bermudaonion 8/15/09, 9:33 AM  

You've done a little bit of everything! I have been to Stacy's blog, and will always have a soft spot for her and her blog, because she was one of the first people to comment on mine. Congratulations on your awards!

Serena 8/15/09, 9:58 AM  

Thanks for the link to Stacy's blog...and thanks for the award. It may take me a while to get to passing this along...lol

I think we are all behind in blog reading, aren't we?

Nikola 8/15/09, 10:08 AM  

Congratulations on the review!

Anonymous,  8/15/09, 10:40 AM  

Congratulations! And thank you so very much for thinking of me - WOW! Some of the blogs you listed are new to me, so I am heading over there today to take a look.

Anonymous,  8/15/09, 11:36 AM  

Thank you for the kind words :) (Kathy too!)

Sandy Nawrot 8/15/09, 1:25 PM  

Thanks for the nice words! I am giggling at the thought of you hanging with the rastafarians! You never cease to amaze!

Barbara 8/15/09, 5:22 PM  

Thanks I'll try to get it up by tomorrow. I'm still trying to catch up during that horrible two and half weeks without a computer except for the library. And I'll check out the others since I'm always on the look out to check out other blogs.

Cathy 8/15/09, 8:42 PM  

Congrats on the well-deserved awards... thank you for thinking of me... and thanks for the links to new blogs!

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks 8/15/09, 9:12 PM  

I knew you rocked! This proves it :)

Congrats on your awards.

Park Avenue Princess 8/15/09, 9:48 PM  

Congrats on your awards! You certainly deserve them!!

xoxo Amy (Park-Avenue Princess)

Jenny Girl 8/15/09, 11:47 PM  

Congrats to you all!

Unknown 8/16/09, 11:28 AM  

Thank you so much! I agree - it is so important to recognise commenters. You are one of my top commenters and I love you for it too!

Stephanie 8/16/09, 11:53 AM  

Thanks so much!! I too hope that was my last surgery ever. I'm more than ready to be healthy again!!

Ana S. 8/16/09, 7:47 PM  

Congratulations on your awards! You passed them on to some great bloggers :)

Melody 8/16/09, 9:43 PM  

Congrats on all the awards, Beth!

The Bumbles 8/16/09, 11:57 PM  

What a clever way to pass on an award! So smart Beth. Congrats on the deserved props!

Kim Allen-Niesen 8/19/09, 1:31 AM  

Congratulations! It's a fun award!

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP