15 August 2009

Social Media

Friends and Readers of Beth Fish Reads

Blogs

  • Beth Fish Reads: I read all comments and try to respond to all direct questions. When I do respond, I will reply in the comments to the post, in an email, or on your blog, depending on the circumstances. If you leave a comment on Beth Fish Reads, I will visit your blog, not necessarily immediately, but I will visit.
  • Commenting policy: I read many more blogs than I comment on. When I am strapped for time, I read but don't comment; when I have the time, I like to comment, even if just to let you know I was there. I try to get to everyone in my blog reader at least every 10 days.
E-Mail: Reach me at BFish.Reads [@] gmail.com I have a full-time job, which limits the amount of time I can spend on e-mail. I answer all personal e-mail if an answer is required. I answer pitches if I am interested in the book. I do not answer pitches for books that do not interest me. If I don't respond to your e-mailed pitch, feel free to try again when you have another title for review. I do not intend to be rude, but I get about 800 e-mail messages a day from clients, mailing lists, publicists, and friends and family.

Facebook: I have a Facebook account as Beth Fish. I look at my wall a few times a week. I am not active on Facebook and have an account only so I can participate in promotional events with publishers. If you send me a friend request, I will friend you back (eventually).

Twitter: I am very active on Twitter as @BethFishReads. I used to automatically follow back every legitimate tweeter. Now I find I can't read every Twitter notification (more e-mail; see above), check out the profile, and then follow back. My current policy is this: If you send me an @reply or mention me in a tweet and you are a book lover, industry professional, publishing company, bookstore, book blogger, writer, author, foodie, or just someone I might like to know, I will follow you back.

Ning Sites: I have accounts at several ning sites under Beth Fish Reads. I rarely sign on to those sites anymore; when I do, I check out any friend requests and accept. I rarely answer e-mail sent from ning sites.

GoodReads, Library Thing: I have accounts on GoodReads (Beth Fish) and Library Thing (BFish). I used to keep up with Library Thing, but now I update only sporadically. I'm not sure I have any books listed on GoodReads, but I intend to import from LT one of these days. If you send me a friend invitation for these sites, I will accept!

FictFact I'm BethFishReads on FictFact and I'm happy to follow you there. I haven't added all my series to the site yet, but hope to over the summer of 2011.

Lunch
I have a page on Lunch.com as Beth Fish Reads that I rarely update. But if you're curious you can check me out there.

Tumblr I am Beth Fish Reads on Tumblr and my blog there is called Beth Fish Reads Even More. I hope to post some fun photos and maybe talk about my lacemaking over there. So far I have very few posts.

2 comments:

Cindy Ratzlaff 3/27/10, 11:13 AM  

I found your site through Twitter and am delighted to have done so. I'm a Pennsylvania author who is also a social media marketing consultant to publishers and authors. My first book, Queen of Your Own Life: The Grown-Up Woman's Guide to Claiming Happiness and Getting the Life You Deserve pubs on March 30th. It's a very different world being on the author side of things after spending 20 years on the publishing side. Love your blog and site and have subscribed. Thank you.

Kitty 3/27/11, 1:44 PM  

I wanted to sign up for email but the link wasn't working for me and the fb goes to fb homepage. Came by after receiving Lorna Sass email about ur blog this morning.

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP