06 August 2009

Thursday Tea: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson



Thursday Tea is hosted by Anastasia at Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog. Here's how it works: Tell us what tea you are drinking (and if you like it). And then tell us what book are you reading (and if you like it). Finally, tell us if they go together.



The Tea

This week I'm drinking Adagio's Earl Grey tea, which is a "premium black tea from Sri Lanka, flavored with oil of bergamot, a citrus fruit." Earl Grey is one of my very favorite teas, and Adagio's is pretty much the best I've tasted.

The Book

Last evening I officially abandoned Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife by Linda Berdoll. You'll see a mini-review explaining my reasons for not fininshing in a few days. I started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson. I am probably the last person on earth who hasn't read this. I was hooked within 5 minutes of listening. An old man has gotten a mystery birthday present of a pressed flower every year for more than 40 years. Every year he tells the police, specifically the chief superintendent, now retired. Every year, there is no answer as to who is sending the gifts. And so starts the novel.

The Assessment

Frankly, I have no clue what tea these two old men would drink. The characters introduced in the next chapters are young and are drinking booze. But, hey! I love Earl Grey and I'm loving the book, so what more do I need?

Thanks to everyone who commented about this meme (see my July wrap-up post). I've decided to keep it as long as it is fun for me and as long as I can still buy tea samplers.

August is the holiday / vacation month in the Northern Hemisphere, so perhaps you're not drinking tea but maybe some exotic rum cocktail while sitting on the beach reading. So let me know: What are you reading? What's in that glass or mug?

19 comments:

bermudaonion 8/6/09, 8:33 AM  

You're not the last person to read this! I got it for Christmas last year and it's still lingering in my TBR pile. :( I'm not drinking anything exotic or interesting.

Sandy Nawrot 8/6/09, 9:22 AM  

Nope, you aren't the last one. I have not read it either, but is on The List. And now I want to read Larson's next book, but don't think I should until I read this one. See the slippery slope? I'm pathetic. The husband is out of town, so nothing exotic for me (he is the expert drink-maker). A crisp Sav. Blanc will do fine though!

rhapsodyinbooks 8/6/09, 10:05 AM  

Me too, it's on the list. But I know what you mean - I often feel I am the last in the universe to read a book!

As for a drink, I'm back to wine at dinner which I gave up while a Snack Cake. It doesn't have to be exotic - it just has to be wine!

Shannansbooks 8/6/09, 10:36 AM  

No, you are not the last one. I have not read it either. I don't own it yet.

Anonymous,  8/6/09, 10:51 AM  

I bought this for a gift, but haven't read it myself!
I'm havig a cup of black, black coffee and was reading Finger Lickin Fifteen by Janet Evanovich a little while ago. Perfect match :)

Margot 8/6/09, 11:46 AM  

Add me to the list of never having read the book. But I must say this is the first time I've actually been intrigued enough to add it to The List. Earl Grey is one of the teas I like a lot. I add just a smidgen of sugar and a slice of lemon.

Literate Housewife 8/6/09, 12:26 PM  

If you're listening to the audio book, you are going to love this more and more. The narrator has to be one of my favorites. Getting ready to start The Girl Who Played with Fire on audio this weekend!

caite 8/6/09, 3:17 PM  

Wow...I thought I was the last person to read it when I read it was week! happy to know I was still ahead of a number of you all.

Love Earl Gray...and loved this book.

Becca 8/6/09, 3:48 PM  

I am listening to this right now! I am on disc 6 of 13 which I think is around Chapter 10 or so. It just gets better! I can't wait to find out how Lisbeth Salander hooks up with the Vanger family situation and find out what happened to the girl, too. The narrator, like Lit Housewife said, is wonderful! Best narrator I have heard so far.

Jennie 8/6/09, 4:16 PM  

You're not the last! It's on my "list" as well--especially now that everyone seems to have enjoyed it so much.
My Thursday Tea is up as well. It's here.

Happy reading!

Sandy Nawrot 8/6/09, 4:32 PM  

Tattoo is on its way from the library to my house on audio! Woot!

Dorte H 8/6/09, 4:41 PM  

I am sure the old gents would drink some exquisite tea!
I have coffee in my mug, and I am reading a debut which is promising indeed, and in some ways more polished than your exciting Swedish thriller.

Melody 8/6/09, 8:32 PM  

I AM the last person who haven't read that book! It's been sitting on my pile for ages... I know I need to get to it soon!!

I'm having green tea right now. :) I'm currently reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and The Ghost Writer by John Harwood. Both have me intrigued!

The Reading Momster 8/6/09, 9:41 PM  

ahh! Bad Girl :P
u should have read it earlier!

ahhha! i have read this! YAY!! and you know I am reading the 2nd installment now :) :)

Loving it!

and am also reading 7th book of Harry Potter!

Nise' 8/8/09, 6:01 PM  

I thought I was one of the last to read this book last month! I am on the wait list for the second book. This week I am in Ketchikan, Alaksa and it is cool, so we are drinking lots of tea (and hot chocolate).

The Obsessive Reader 8/9/09, 12:52 AM  

I haven't read this either though it is in my tbr pile. How did you like the book though? Was it good?

Michele 8/9/09, 11:49 AM  

Well as you know by now, you most certainly are not the last person on earth re: Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. LOL. And mine is an ARC, ha ha ha. But we've got to get this one read because I've heard that the sequel just blows this one out of the water!!!

Stephanie 8/9/09, 5:02 PM  

I haven't read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo yet, but will probably sometime soon since it seems everyone really enjoys it!

Jenners 8/15/09, 8:00 PM  

You're not the last one on earth ... I haven't read it either but I want to read it!

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP