27 October 2009

Today's Read: Septimus Heap: The Magykal Papers by Angie Sage


I'm the seventh son of a seventh son and a wizard living in the Castle. Okay, so I'm really still training to be a full-fledged wizard. I thought I'd share some articles, secret documents, and private diaries relating to the history of the Castle, the building of Wizard Tower, and even my school days. I don't know how it happened, but one of my love notes was also published. It's so embarrassing.

For more Where Are You? answers, visit Raidergirl3 at An Adventure in Reading.


MizB at Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Here's how it works: Grab your current read; let the book fall open to a random page; and share 2 “teaser” sentences from that page. For more teasers, click on through to MizB's blog.

Guards are everywhere. The Castle has been taken over. The Wizard Tower must stand firm. They will not dare touch us. [From: The Journal of Marcia Overstrand] (p. 70)
—From Septimus Heap: The Magykal Papers by Angie Sage, illustrated by Mark Zug (Source: borrowed, see review policy)

The Magykal Papers at Powell's
The Magykal Papers at Amazon
These 3 links lead to an affiliate program; if you buy, I get a small percent.


13 comments:

JoAnn 10/27/09, 8:04 AM  

Sounds good! I haven't heard of this one...

Amy 10/27/09, 8:14 AM  

Great teaser! I have to add this one to my TBR list.

Margot 10/27/09, 9:13 AM  

Ij like the spelling of magyka. Magical? Sounds fun.

Unknown 10/27/09, 9:41 AM  

I promise i won't touch anyone! Here's my teaser

Jennifer 10/27/09, 10:40 AM  

Sounds exciting! Mine is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/10/coppola-pediatric-surgeon-in-iraq.html

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks 10/27/09, 11:10 AM  

I always like to read the "where are you reading?" posts - you put yourself in the character's place, and I'm right there with you (but not in any danger, and not having my love notes published!)

Lisa 10/27/09, 12:59 PM  

There are so many good magical books out these days! Great teaser.

My teaser is here.

Calico Crazy 10/27/09, 1:16 PM  

I read the first 4 of these. This one sounds interesting. My teaser is up here.

Unknown 10/27/09, 1:31 PM  

Oooo! I can't wait to get to this one! I just started Flyte. These books are so much fun!

Alice 10/28/09, 5:46 AM  

This reminds me that I need to read the first book in the series. Thanks!

Anonymous,  10/28/09, 11:09 PM  

I'm intrigued.

Jen - devourer of books 10/30/09, 10:31 AM  

This sounds quite interesting, I'm excited to read your review!

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP