22 November 2009

Four Good Challenges for 2010



It's that time of year again, when optimistic bloggers pick the challenges that they really, really think they will finish in the coming year. I love a good challenge, and I have a healthy attitude about finishing them--or not (just see my post on challenges).

Anyway, here are four that I am definitely joining. The wonderful J. Kaye of J. Kaye's Book Blog is hosting the first three.

The 2010 YA Reading Challenge has four levels. I'm joining in the Mini Challenge, which is a commitment of 12 books.

The 100+ Reading Challenge is pretty self-explanatory: I have committed to reading at least 100 books next year.

The Support Your Local Library is an important challenge, and one that everyone should consider. I am committing to the Mini Challenge, which is 25 books.

The New Author Challenge is once again being hosted by Jackie at Literary Escapism. For this challenge, you pick your own level of commitment; I'm going for 25 new authors in 2010.

For more information about these challenges and to sign up, click on the challenge name. I have at least five more challenges that I plan to join, so you'll see some more challenge announcement posts before the year is out.

13 comments:

Marg 11/22/09, 6:12 AM  

I'll be signing up for the 100+ and Support your library challenges as well. Just have to get my posts sorted out.

bermudaonion 11/22/09, 10:12 AM  

I've been holding back on signing up for any new challenges, but I'll probably break down soon. The 100+ looks like a good one. Good luck!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea 11/22/09, 11:36 AM  

The 100+ and The Support Your Local Library are 2 challenges I never have any problem with, so those are sure things. I am only signing up for 5 to start the new year.

Have Fun Beth :)

Robin M 11/22/09, 12:36 PM  

I signed up for the New Author Challenge as well. Fun discovering new authors.

Michelle 11/22/09, 2:47 PM  

I'm on board for three of the four you list here as well! I'm definitely going to do the YA challenge (but will do the 75 books version), the 100+ ties in well with that and the new author challenge sounds like a great way to expose myself to work I've not yet experienced.

Good luck with your challenges you always do so well with them!

Sandy Nawrot 11/22/09, 4:33 PM  

The 100+ Challenge and the Support Your Library Challenge are no-brainers for me. I need to make sure I get in on these!

Becca 11/22/09, 6:54 PM  

I am doing the 100+ challenge this year and I am at 80 books, 77 for the blog since I am only counting what I reviewed. It is more than I have ever read in a year before and I am very excited and proud of that! However, I am probably going to see if I make it this year before signing up for it again next year. The YA challenge looks interesting to me though, as I am a recent admirer of the genre.

Anonymous,  11/22/09, 7:14 PM  

Welcome to the Young Adult, 100+, and Support Your Local Library Reading Challenges! 2010 is going to be a fun year!

Melody 11/22/09, 9:41 PM  

I'm eyeing for that New Authors Challenge though I'll have to give the 100+ Challenge a miss. Don't think I'll be able to reach that goal, haha!

Have fun!

Alice 11/23/09, 8:43 PM  

Have fun with the challenges, Beth!

Toni 11/24/09, 1:11 AM  

I agree...great challenges. I stink at challenges.... The looks very worthy. I jinx myself if I even consider one. :)

Jenners 11/24/09, 8:28 PM  

It is fun to see the buttons all laid out together. I've been steadily reviewing and picking challenges for 2010 myself ... I'm trying to be more realistic this year and not overpromise myself!

J.T. Oldfield 11/25/09, 11:21 PM  

I've signed up for the New Author and YA Challenges. There's so many Challenges I've signed up for, I might just do the 100+ as well! :)

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP