22 December 2009

Today's Read: Viola in Reel Life by Adriana Trigiani

Save me. Really. How could my parents have thought that I would actually like sharing a dorm room (oops, sorry, "a quad") with three other freshmen? My new built-in friends consist of a preppy, the daughter of Mexican immigrants, and the sweet girl from Chicago. Oh, yeah, did I mention that I no longer live in Brooklyn? I'm stuck in Indiana. Why? Cause my mom went here for a year. At least I have my camera, and I can continue filming my life and sending clips to my family and friends back home. Right at this moment, being fourteen and starting high boarding school isn't my idea of fun.

For more Where Are You? answers, visit Raidergirl3 at An Adventure in Reading.

MizB at Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Here's how it works: Grab your current read; let the book fall open to a random page; and share 2 “teaser” sentences from that page. For more teasers, click on through to MizB's blog.

The sun sets, taking the last bit of September heat with it. The Indiana sky turns deep blue with streaks of lavender and orange over our picnic tent. Some stray clouds move toward the flat line of the horizon. It's almost night and a chill goes up my spine. (p. 31)
—From Viola in Reel Life by Adriana Trigiani (Source: Review, see review policy)

Viola in Reel Life at Powell's
Viola in Reel Life at Amazon
These 3 links lead to affiliate programs.

15 comments:

Sherrie 12/22/09, 7:46 AM  

Hi Beth,
Sounds like an intriguing book. I'll have to check this one out. Have a safe and happy holiday season.

Sherrie
Just Books

Yvonne 12/22/09, 8:02 AM  

I'm listening to a different book by this author on audio. I have a feeling I'm going to be liking this author's work alot.

Margot 12/22/09, 8:13 AM  

From your description Viola sounds like a typical 14-year-old - very self absorbed. Hopefully she learns something at the new school.

Zee 12/22/09, 9:56 AM  

I love the language in your quote. Sounds like a good book!

Lori L. Clark Art 12/22/09, 9:57 AM  

This looks like a good YA read. Mine's here.

Nely 12/22/09, 10:04 AM  

I recently read Viola in Reel Life and loved it. Hope you're enjoying it.

♥Nely

Julie P. 12/22/09, 10:12 AM  

I am a huge Adriana Trigiani fan! I hope you enjoy this one.

S. Krishna 12/22/09, 10:31 AM  

I've heard mixed things about this book, but I still want to read it. Thanks for the quote!

Stephanie 12/22/09, 10:38 AM  

Lovely imagery! This book is on my wish list.

Stephanie aka Laughing Stars
Tuesday Teaser: Wild Roses by Deb Caletti

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide 12/22/09, 11:02 AM  

This looks good! Thanks for visiting.

Sandy Nawrot 12/22/09, 11:07 AM  

Hey! My first year in college (in Indiana) I had to live in a quad! There were some issues there...

ninefly 12/22/09, 12:44 PM  

very sensory-stimulating teaser! I love the colours it evokes =)

Jennifer 12/22/09, 2:20 PM  

Great teaser. I have not read this novel yet, but it is in my queue. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/12/salvation-teaser-tuesdays.html

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea 12/22/09, 9:03 PM  

Just wanted to stop by to say Happy Holidays to you an yours. Thanks for being a loyal blogging buddy.

(such a great teaser)

Novroz 12/22/09, 10:01 PM  

Hi...thx for stopping by by blog :)

I like your teaser...it's a good sentence of describing a good day

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP