10 January 2010

Bloggiesta: Wrap-Up

Phew! After about 14 hours of work, I managed to meet all my Bloggiesta goals for this edition of the great event hosted by Natasha Maw Books Blog.

Yes, I was pretty much glued to the computer yesterday and this morning, but I am done! Now I can read blogs, read books, and get ready for my book club, which meets this afternoon.

Goals Accomplished

  • I looked at every single post on this blog and updated the labels when necessary.
  • All my review, interview, and guest post indexes (see my tabs) are up to date. I'm contemplating adding a new tab for recipes (which are currently index under "genre")
  • The "About Me" entry in my side bar was rewritten.
  • I checked the formatting of old posts and changed the ones that really needed it. I did not fix the the colors in every post to match my new template.
  • I added a recent comments and a top commenter gadget to my sidebar.
  • I reassessed the challenges I've joined and dropped out of Vampire Diaries, Harry Potter, and Random Read. These challenges have been going on for about 6 months and I haven't even started them. Time to get realistic and admit defeat while I can still honorably back out.
  • Thanks to Trish from Hey Lady, who sent me the code, I was able to embed the gadget for my Blog Talk Radio That's How I Blog interview in my sidebar.
Answering Some Questions

Some people have asked about my pull-down labels gadget and my tabs. The links to all the sites and code I used to customize my blog's template and to add tabs and elements to my sidebars can be found in the "Thanks!" section in my blog's footer.

For those who are still working on your labels or tags, please be sure to read the comments on my mini-challenge for additional advice, links, and widgets.

Ahhhhhhh. I can breath a sigh of relief and take a break!

EDIT: I just completed the back up your blog mini-challenge from Jackie at Farm Lane Books. So easy!

26 comments:

bermudaonion 1/10/10, 10:30 AM  

Oh my gosh! I'm so impressed that you went back and corrected all of your labels. I just can't face that right now.

Anonymous,  1/10/10, 10:39 AM  

Nicely done! I know I have old posts with formating issues (from the move from blogger) but the thought of going back through them all is overwhelming.

Anonymous,  1/10/10, 10:44 AM  

Wow. You have been BUSY! Have you had as much fun with Bloggiesta as I have? :-)

Molly 1/10/10, 10:46 AM  

GREAT job!! I still have one more review to write - and am thinking of possibly adding one more tag (weekly memes), and then I am going to call it a weekend. I plan post my Bloggiesta summary later this afternoon.

JoAnn 1/10/10, 11:18 AM  

A very productive weekend - congratulations!

Aarti 1/10/10, 11:25 AM  

Good work! Love the layout :-)

Amused 1/10/10, 12:23 PM  

Wow, nice work! I bet you feel so accomplished!

Kim 1/10/10, 12:37 PM  

Well done! Of all the chores people have mentioned, label checking seems like a hot topic. I probably should do mine, but can't face that right now! Enjoy your Sunday...
*smiles*

Margot 1/10/10, 12:41 PM  

You've done so well. Doing all those tabs is amazing. It was on my list but I did not get to it. One day . . .

Your blog always looks so good.

Margot 1/10/10, 12:41 PM  

You've done so well. Doing all those tabs is amazing. It was on my list but I did not get to it. One day . . .

Your blog always looks so good.

Julie P. 1/10/10, 1:37 PM  

Wow! You are incredible! I can't believe how much you accomplished.

Unknown 1/10/10, 2:51 PM  

Wow! You've got a bunch of things done. The blog's looking good! :D

Nise' 1/10/10, 3:30 PM  

Job well done! I am sure it is such a relief.

Debbie's World of Books 1/10/10, 3:40 PM  

Great job! I can't believe you went through every single post. I'm impressed :)

Beth Kephart 1/10/10, 5:49 PM  

I would not know how to even attempt much of what you did. It takes more brains than I've got.

I have sufficient brain power, though, to marvel. And I do!

Sandy Nawrot 1/10/10, 8:35 PM  

Good for you! I'm so impressed. And thanks for passing along that help for tabs. One of these years, I might just try.

Melody 1/10/10, 8:36 PM  

Congrats on all your goals accomplished, Beth!

Jenners 1/10/10, 9:14 PM  

Well done! It is a lot of work to look at all your labels and posts. I'm impressed!

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) 1/10/10, 10:44 PM  

Wow! You did a massive amount of work! Congratulations.

Amber 1/11/10, 12:47 AM  

Very impressive to go back through hundreds of blog posts. At least you know it's done and you won't have to do it again for a long time (if ever!).

Unknown 1/11/10, 3:56 AM  

You did a great job for Bloggiesta! I usually tackle issues as I go along but this is a great idea. I missed it this time round but hopefully will join in next time :)

Serena 1/11/10, 10:22 AM  

You did a great job. I'm inspired.

Alice 1/11/10, 9:40 PM  

Well done, Beth!

Anonymous,  1/12/10, 4:33 PM  

Wow! You were able to get a lot done. And kudos to you for looking at every post.

Michelle 1/13/10, 7:34 AM  

Never mind my question on your previous Bloggiesta post, haha.

Is it bad that even I haven't started the Harry Potter Challenge? LOL

Natasha @ Maw Books 1/16/10, 10:44 PM  

Great job Candance! I'm a bit late to stopping by to say thanks so much for supporting the Bloggiesta. It means a lot to me. And you got a lot accomplished. 14 hours is awesome!!

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP