24 February 2010

New Editions: Willow by Julia Hoban

You might recall that Willow by Julia Hoban was one of my top ten reads in 2009, earning a rare A+ rating. You can read my full review here, but I'd like to share just a bit of what I wrote last fall:

Willow is . . . a startlingly realistic look at what can happen when we feel separated from our own world. It's about connections and trust. Hoban does not pretend to offer magic solutions; instead, she gives us much to think about and discuss.

Willow is a must-read novel. . . . [I]t was nominated by the American Library Association for Best Book for Young Adults.
If you haven't yet read the book, here's your chance to pick up a copy. Willow was released in paperback yesterday in the United States.

If you are in the UK, the novel is being released with a different cover and new title--Scarred--in March. But never fear, it's the same fantastic book.

For more on Julia Hoban and some insights into the novel, check out the mini-interview I conducted in September 2009. After I finished reading Willow (Scarred), I wanted to talk about it with everyone. It would make the perfect book club choice.

Willow at Powell's
Willow at Amazon
These links lead to affiliate programs

Hardcover published by Penguin USA, 2009
ISBN-13: 9780803733565

Paperback published by Speak, 2010
ISBN-13: 978014241662

UK edition published by Little, Brown Group (March 18, 2010)
ISBN-13: 9780749942328

9 comments:

JoAnn 3/13/10, 7:56 AM  

This has been on my list ever since your review! Wonder why the title was changed for the UK ... I think that creates a lot of confusion (like Little Bee/The Other Hand).

Julie 3/13/10, 7:57 AM  

Your review is one of the reasons that I have to read this book!

Bermudaonion 3/13/10, 7:58 AM  

Everyone needs to go out and get this book now!

Jackie 3/13/10, 7:58 AM  

I was wondering why I hadn't seen a copy of this around! I'll keep an eye out in my library next month.

Nise' 3/13/10, 7:59 AM  

I was thinking the same thing. What makes the publishers decide to change the name and cover for release in different countries? Read this book and enjoyed it.

Jan 3/13/10, 8:01 AM  

Beth ,

Based on your opinion alone I would buy this book, but the cover art on Willow is catchy enough to grab my attention if I saw in the stores.

Alice Teh 3/13/10, 8:02 AM  

I'd have to watch out so that if I buy the book, I don't end up buying both editions that are the same but carry different titles. Thanks for highlighting this, Beth!

Nicolebo 3/13/10, 8:27 AM  

I thought for a minute you were trying to make me get another book by Julia Hoban. I'm glad it's the same one!

Melody 3/13/10, 8:28 AM  

I've heard a lot of good things about this book so it's already onto my wishlist!

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP