02 March 2010

Today's Read: The Mark by Jen Nadol


If you were to see me on the streets of Asheville, you'd think I was just like any other sixteen-year-old. I go to school, I do my homework, I have my friends. Just a regular kid, you'd think. But you'd be wrong. In fact, if you really knew me, you'd be afraid to let me look at you, afraid I might see you . . . glow. Yeah, my special gift is that I can tell when when it's someone's last day on earth.

—For more Where Are You? answers, visit Raidergirl3 at An Adventure in Reading. (Text by me, based on today's read.)

MizB at Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Here's how it works: Grab your current read; let the book fall open to a random page; and share 2 “teaser” sentences from that page. For more teasers, click on through to MizB's blog.

"But what if there is no changing things? You're going to call me crazy, but in a way it's a gift to know that we may only have a little time left. At least we can choose how to use it."

I didn't agree with her, but I didn't know what to do next. (p. 39)
—From The Mark by Jen Nadol (Source: Review copy, see review policy)

The Mark at Powell's
The Mark at Amazon
These 3 links lead to affiliate programs.


20 comments:

Julie 3/10/10, 6:10 AM  

What a "talent?" I'm looking forward to your review.

Jennifer G 3/10/10, 6:11 AM  

I live close to AshEville! Hee hee!

I wouldn't want to know my last day! Would you?

Maurean 3/10/10, 6:12 AM  

Oh, great premise! Sounds very intriguing. Thanks for sharin' this, another I may have to add to my ever-growing wanna-read list!

Lori 3/10/10, 6:12 AM  

What a nice teaser. I really would like to read this book myself. Here's Mine.

Jennifer G 3/10/10, 6:13 AM  

I didn't mean it was a typo! I haven't read the book and don't know much about it. That was just so close to the name of the town near where I really do live I had to comment on it! :-/

Andrea 3/10/10, 6:14 AM  

Great teaser. I'm not sure I'd want to know.

Alayne 3/10/10, 6:14 AM  

Hmm interesting and a little sad. Nice teaser. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Stephanie,  3/10/10, 6:15 AM  

Great teaser! I am looking forward to reading this book.

Kaye,  3/10/10, 6:15 AM  

Wow, that's quite the power to have. Scary in a way. Have a great week and happy reading. Here is my teaser and giveaway

Dawn 3/10/10, 6:16 AM  

Oh, that's creepy! I was admiring the cool glowing cover, then I read your post ... I think this book would keep me up at night!

Sandy 3/10/10, 6:16 AM  

That is a little creepy. I don't think I'd like that gift at all!

Kris,  3/10/10, 6:17 AM  

That sounds interesting!

Jan,  3/10/10, 6:17 AM  

Definitely a teaser, sounds a bit scary, but I think think it would be an interesting read.

Nise' 3/10/10, 6:18 AM  

I know that I am going to have to read this one.

Melody 3/10/10, 6:19 AM  

This book is definitely onto my wishlist!
Great teaser!

Mrs. Q 3/10/10, 6:19 AM  

Great teaser. I have this book on my wishlist...one of the many.

Violet 3/10/10, 6:20 AM  

wow, this one sounds good, I'll really look forward to your review.

Alice Teh 3/10/10, 6:21 AM  

Interesting teaser!

Kaye 3/10/10, 6:29 AM  

wow, that's quite a teaser! and sounds like its quite a story.

Tribute Books 3/23/10, 1:19 PM  

Have to read this one!

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP