02 April 2010

Featuring . . . The Gendarme by Mark T. Mustian

This Friday and every Friday for the next couple of months, I will be featuring a book that was published under the Amy Einhorn Books imprint. I am starting with the 2009 books and will spotlight them in alphabetical order by year.

Mark Mustian's Gendarme won't be coming out until September 2010, so I don't have much more for you than the beautiful cover, the publisher's summary, and (I'm sorry) a bit of a wait!

To those around him, Emmet Conn is a 92-year-old man going in and out of senility. But what becomes frighteningly clear to Emmet is that the incredibly realistic dreams he is having are memories of events he, and many others, have denied or purposely forgotten. Exploring the Armenian Genocide, The Gendarme is a meditation on the power of memory--and the ability of people, individually, and collectively, to forget. It shows how racism creates divisions where none truly exist, how love can transcend nationalities and politics, and how the human spirit fights to survive even when it seems hopeless. It is a transcendent novel.
Besides being an author, Mark is an attorney and Tallahassee City Commissioner. He has a Facebook page where you can watch for more information about this exciting title.

I admit that I am not up on the Armenian Genocide, which took place in the second decade of the twentieth century. I am looking forward to learning more from this promising historical novel.

This book was featured as part of the Amy Einhorn Books Reading Challenge (click to join the fun). For information about the imprint, please read Amy Einhorn's open letter posted here on January 25, 2010.

The Gendarme at Powell's
These links lead to affiliate programs.

To be published by Putnam/Amy Einhorn, September 2010
ISBN-13: 9780399156342

6 comments:

bermudaonion 4/2/10, 9:52 AM  

Another Amy Einhorn book that I want to read!

Sandy Nawrot 4/2/10, 9:59 AM  

I am starting to think that Amy Einhorn doesn't publish anything bad. They all sound good!

Anonymous,  4/2/10, 10:25 AM  

Oh wow, I love that cover! (And I know, I should do the challenge!)

Alyce 4/2/10, 3:37 PM  

I love the cover photo with the different colored eyes!

Alice 4/3/10, 6:24 AM  

I'm not sure I'd read this but the cover is stunning!

Sarah 6/17/10, 8:16 PM  

Well, that one had me at hello. Can't wait for September. VERY intriguing!

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP