17 June 2010

Imprints, Imprints, Imprints

If you are a long-time reader of Beth Fish Reads, then you know I have a deep interest in imprints and editors. Since the beginning of the year I have become familiar with two young imprints whose editorial directors speak to me.

Amy Einhorn seems to pick hit after hit. I was so taken with her list that I featured an Amy Einhorn Book every Friday throughout the first half of the year. I am even hosting a perpetual reading challenge based on the imprint. (Think about joining the challenge.)

What's next? Look for reviews of Amy Einhorn books in the coming months and watch this space for features of the new titles coming out under the imprint. I was lucky enough to have heard about two books on the 2011 list, and I'm not only excited to read them but am already planning on giving one to my dad.

The other imprint, Pamela Dorman Books, I stumbled on by chance. Three great reads from this year just happened to be the first three books issued under the Pamela Dorman imprint. That discovery had me rushing off to do research. I shouldn't have been surprised to discover that Pamela Dorman was the editor behind several of my favorite books. It shows how strong the character of an editor or imprint can be: I was a fan and didn't even know it.

I gave you a heads-up of three more titles in the Pamela Dorman Book imprint, so look for features and reviews of those titles right here in the coming months. I can't wait to see the 2011 books. I'll be featuring each one.

I'd bet that you too follow some imprints, even if you aren't aware of it. This is especially true if you have a favorite genre (romance, mystery, or fantasy, for example). If you were to track your reading by imprint, you might just find a pattern.

I plan to continue to be an advocate for Amy Einhorn Books and Pamela Dorman Books, letting you know when new titles are coming out and publishing my reviews as I read my way through their catalogs.

And don't forget that Julie from Booking Mama and Kathy from BermudaOnion are fans of Reagan Arthur Books. They have done a great job bringing attention to another new and exciting imprint. Check out the RAB blog and learn about the books and the reading challenge.

Tomorrow morning, I'm turning my spotlight on another imprint that has caught my eye. I'm very excited about introducing you to these books; you'll find a little bit of everything in this established imprint.

14 comments:

Julie P. 6/17/10, 6:57 PM  

Looking forward to tomorrow's post! You've got me curious.

Unknown 6/17/10, 7:31 PM  

I never thought about that, liking certain imprints I mean, I'm going to pay more attention to who edits the books I love. Looking forward to learning more... Now to check out that challenge!

Beth Kephart 6/17/10, 7:41 PM  

Very very extremely nice.

xo

b

nat @book, line, and sinker 6/17/10, 9:06 PM  

i have been enjoying your friday feature almost as much as your weekend cooking challenge! i went through the list of books you posted a while back and have only read a small percentage. i will make an effort to pick up a few more when in the library next week. it's great to see editors picking one winner after another.

Nise' 6/17/10, 10:29 PM  

I love realizing/learning new things. I am now aware because of your posts! Thanks.

Megan 6/17/10, 10:42 PM  

I'd never given too much thought to being a fan of certain imprints until recently. When I gave it some consideration, I realized I'm something of a Spiegel & Grau girl. I'd never considered the possibility of reading through the catalogue of books from a certain imprint. Careful, you're opening a dangerous door for me, through which more books will pour and land on my massive TBR pile.... ;-)

bermudaonion 6/17/10, 10:51 PM  

I love all the imprints you mentioned!

Jackie (Farm Lane Books) 6/18/10, 2:50 AM  

I haven't noticed that I like one imprint more than another, but perhaps I just haven't read enough books from a single imprint yet? I'll keep a close eye on the imprints over the next year and see if I can spot a pattern.

Kay Dew Shostak 6/18/10, 8:10 AM  

You introduced me to Amy Einhorn's imprint and I was astonished at how her books were some of my favorites. Thanks for sharing such cool info on such a variety of book topics!

Sandy Nawrot 6/18/10, 8:18 AM  

I feel like an Amy Einhorn loser because I've only read one, but they all sound wonderful. YOu have done an incredible job of promoting them! I think it would be the ULTIMATE accomplishment to have your own imprint. You should set that as your goal!

Athira 6/20/10, 6:17 PM  

I've only recently started looking at imprints, and am having so much fun with it! I love checking out the imprints and books you feature!

wisteria 6/21/10, 5:37 AM  

Another way of looking at our collections. Thanks

The Bumbles 6/23/10, 1:48 PM  

I love Amy Einhorn's selections. Keep spreading the word!

Teresa 8/1/10, 1:19 PM  

Looking forward to learning more about Pamela Dorman. I recently heard about this on twitter and am looking forward to picking one up.

Thanks for stopping by. I read all comments and may respond here, via e-mail, or on your blog. I visit everyone who comments, but not necessarily right away.

I cannot turn off word verification, but if you are logged into Blogger you can ignore the captcha. I have set posts older than 14 days to be on moderation. I can no longer accept anonymous comments. I'm so sorry if this means you have to register or if you have trouble commenting.

Copyright

All content and photos (except where noted) copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads 2008-2020. All rights reserved.

Quantcast

Thanks!

To The Blogger Guide, Blogger Buster, Tips Blogger, Our Blogger Templates, BlogU, and Exploding Boy for the code for customizing my blog. To Old Book Illustrations for my ID photo. To SEO for meta-tag analysis. To Blogger Widgets for the avatars in my comments and sidebar gadgets. To Review of the Web for more gadgets. To SuziQ from Whimpulsive for help with my comments section. To Cool Tricks N Tips for my Google +1 button.

Quick Linker

Services

SEO

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP